Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Sunday, July 19, 2009

MckCookies!

I have been dealing with my RA for about six months now....taking a ton of different medicines trying to get it under control.

After doing some research about foods that help with inflammation {the major annoyance with my RA right now}, I decided to try and add some more Omega 3's into our family's diet.
*
Flax seeds seem to be a great source, so I went looking for recipes!
*
I remembered this recipe from My Charming Kids and decided to give them a try.

The Twisted Oatmeal Raisin MckCookies turned out really good...and you can't even tell that there are a few SUPER strange unusual ingredients added in!



Cookies that are healthy, yummy, and are supposed to make me feel better! I think this may be the new favorite cookie at our house...but we will still have chocolate chip cookies every once in a while too!

Pin It!

9 comments:

Foursons said...

Hmmm...I'm gonna have to look into this. I wonder if that would help with my Fibro pain. Been having serious 'bouts the last couple of weeks and can't seem to get rid of it. It's especially horrible from 11pm-4am.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

They look great! It's hard to believe it's been six months since your diagnosis. I hope that the Omega 3's make a difference. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

YUM! I just love anything with oatmeal in it. I hope that they help too.

Tracy said...

Wouldn't that be great if the cookies help with your inflammation, then you would have a good excuse to eat sweets whenever you wanted! LOL.

More Than Words said...

Hi Kelli! I'll have to try this for my husband. Oatmeal cookies are his favorite!

Unknown said...

YUM! I hope that they help!

Kasey@Allthingsmamma said...

I love MckMama but haven't tried any of her recipes yet. I'll have to try this one for sure! THANKS for sharing!

Jennifer W. said...

Wow-cookies as a treatment!! It doesn't get much better than that! :) Hope it works!
Jen

heidi said...

I seriously ADORE Oatmeal cookies. I think they might be my favorite. Thanks for the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...