Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Friday, August 7, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things {3}...

My favorite chocolate fix
Nutella

I have seriously gone through {by myself} at least 5 jars of this stuff since the beginning of June. I bought a jar of it at the beginning of summer...thinking it would be okay, but probably not anything special. OH MY! Was I wrong! This stuff is SUPER delicious...though not really the best for my {not nearly small enough} waistline! I just finished off a jar today, and I think I am going to NOT buy another jar for a while! I need to get back on WW big time...which for me means eating a ton of Special K and apples!



My favorite summer t.v. show

This is a new show that comes on Lifetime. I thought it looked interesting, so I set the DVR to record the first episode a few weeks ago. It is actually pretty good...especially considering it is a Lifetime show and I'm not really a Lifetime kind of girl! This show is helping to fill the t.v. void that the summer has left since everything {and I mean everything} that I like to watch is either in reruns or not even on the air!



My favorite piece of furniture
My china cabinet

I got this china cabinet back in June for my anniversary, but I don't think I ever posted pictures of it! I am still SUPER excited that my wedding china finally has a place {after sitting in the boxes for 7 years}! Just in case you don't remember, Jason and I got this beauty at a Rooms 2 Go Outlet store for less than $400! The only thing wrong with it was a few scratches that a furniture marker took care of easily....and the exact same cabinet was sitting in the regular store with a price tag of $999!


My favorite song
Perfect People by Natalie Grant

Never let 'em see you when you're breaking

Never let 'em see you when you fall

That's how we live and that's how we try

Tell the world you've got it all together

Never let them see what's underneath

Cover it up with a crooked smile

But it only lasts for a little while

[CHORUS:]There's no such thing as perfect people

There's no such thing as a perfect life

So come as you are, broken and scarred

Lift up your heart and be amazed

And be changed by a perfect God

Suddenly it's like a weight is lifted

When you hear the words that you are loved

He knows where you are and where you've been

And you never have to go there again

[CHORUS]

Who lived and died to give new life

To heal our imperfections

So look up and see love.

Let grace be enough

[CHORUS]

By a perfect God [5x]

Be changed by a perfect God

Be changed

*************

What are some of your favorite things?


Pin It!

15 comments:

{Kimber} said...

ohhhhhh....Kimber will be "borrowing" this :)
I have always hear how awesome that Nutella is..but I've never tried any...since I'm on my new food kick with Sushi and all I may have to try it! :)

{Kimber} said...

and your cabinet is gorgeous!!!

Ann said...

I'm with Kimber, I may "borrow" this as well. ;)

love your cabinet. I had an italian friend tell me about Nutella (apparently they don't have peanut butter, but this instead), he said it was yummy but I havent' braved it yet....may have to though.

He & Me + 3 said...

I really have to try that Nutella stuff. Your cabinet is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I am not a big fan of Nutella, But i am not a big fan of Chocolate either. But we have tried it on crepes and it is pretty good like that. And I love that song!

More Than Words said...

What a great post! I love your China cabinet! So pretty!!

And I've seen Nutella all over peoples blogs! Am I truly missing out on that?????????? What do you eat it with???

Foursons said...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things.

OK, sorry. I couldn't help myself.

amanda said...

nutella. yum. i tried it for the first time a few weeks ago. mmmm. i may have to get the jar out again. ;0)

Kelli said...

I love your cabinet. I've never tried Nutella. I love the pool, chips and dip and fresh flowers in clear vases.

christy rose said...

I have never tried nutrella. But your cabinet is gorgeous! And I love that song!

Emily said...

Love the china cabinet! I'm still waiting for mine. And my wedding china is totally one of my favorite things!

Jennifer W. said...

Love, love, love, Nutella! Very hooked. And I love Natalie Grant.
Jen

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

That is a beautiful china cabinet. My china cabinet is my favorite piece of furniture, too. :)
Off to find some Nutella.....

Felicia said...

LOVE Natalie Grant.. and now I'm going to have to try Nutella!

Heidi Boos said...

I really like that Natalie Grant song. So beautiful and touching! I have yet to try Nutella, but by the sounds of it, maybe I shouldn't? ;) Such a beautiful cabinet...what a score!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...