Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Thursday, February 25, 2010

As Easy As Pie

Well, technically this is called Cherry Crunch...but you know what I mean! I never have very good luck with fruit desserts, especially cobblers, crisps, or crumbles. I don't know why, but they always end up either way too chewy or way too dry. I have been staring at a can of cherry pie filling in my pantry for almost a month wishing that I had the perfect recipe to use it in. I finally sat down to do a little research on my favorite recipe website allrecipes.com!

I found THIS recipe!
This is one of the best fruit desserts I have ever made!
It was not too dry and not too chewy.
Just the right amount of sweet and tart.
And the Crunch part stayed yummy for 4 days!
Here is the recipe just in case you want to try it!
CHERRY CRUNCH
Ingredients
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
2.In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3.Sprinkle one half of crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish. Cover with cherry pie filling. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over pie filling.
4.Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
P.S. This is a scheduled post...we are either at the surgery center for Eli's tubes or at home recovering from the surgery. I will try to update today through twitter. You can follow me {my twitter name is SUPERMOM_Kelli} or check the right sidebar of my blog for updates! Thanks again for all your prayers!

Pin It!

18 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

That looks so yummy...wanting some right now and it's only 6:39am!!

Read yesterday's post as well and I hope and pray that all goes well with your little one's surgery...so scary!

Loved the valentine gifts that your boys are showing off...I remember when you made those...very cute!

Unknown said...

OK ... YUM!

Kelli said...

This looks SO good. I love cherry dessert so I will have to try this. Hope all is going well with Eli!

He & Me + 3 said...

Not a fan of cherry filling...but that crumbly stuff and seeing it all put together looks so good. Praying his surgery went well.

{Kimber} said...

looks good!!
I saw on twitter that you guys were headed home...glad to hear :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That looks sooo good Kelli! I need to make it. I think I have all of the ingredients... Thanks! Happy Thursday!

XOOX
Jen

KTW said...

Looks good to me! :) I have a really simple fruit dessert recipe I'll have to post one day. You use any flavor pie filling with it. It starts with Bisquick (or a similar kind of mix) and unlike most recipes that start with that, it doesn't taste like it. Most of the time when you put a bite of a Bisquick recipe in your mouth, the first thing you think is BISQUICK! I hate that! This one is different because the crust includes some sugar and butter, too. :)

amanda said...

looks super yummy!! i'm not a cherry fan, but could easily use apples!!

glad to see you're on your way home now!! praying!

Emily said...

You have the best recipes, Kelli. And here's a really dumb question...what's a rolled oat?
Saw your twitter updates...so glad Eli's surgery went well and you're on your way home!!

Angie said...

HA! HA! I have been looking at a can of cherries in my pantry too, and now I have the recipe to fix that!! Thanks girl :)

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, that looks good. I will have to try it for one of the many work potlucks.
So glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hope Henry gets to feeling better soon.
We will keep praying for you all!

Stephanie said...

I'm going to have to save that recipe because my hubby loves him some cherry pie!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Eli is doing great. Hope Henry is better soon. Poor mom! Hugs and this recipe looks and sounds amazing!!!

Mc Allen said...

m m mmmmm good!!! Ive seen this and its called cherry dump I think. Oh man is it delish looking!!!!! Thanks, Im gonna try this! xoxo LA

He & Me + 3 said...

Kelli,

What a fun giveaway above. I didn't want to comment because I didn't want to mess up your random.org numbers. I want that towel:)

More Than Words said...

I love anything with the word crunch in it!

Foursons said...

Wow, a dessert lasted for 4 days in your house? I don't think that has ever happened around here.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That looks delicious!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...