Home AboutMe Crafts Food

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Unoffical Review of The Cinch 5 Day Fast Forward

**Edited to add...I totally forgot I managed to get a few pics of our yummy food from last week. Scroll down a little to see:)**

Somehow I forgot that yesterday was a holiday...which meant that the boys were out of school, Jason was off work, and we {mostly Jason} spent the long weekend working on a few home improvement projects! That also means that I didn't manage to type up the post I promised on Friday! So here is my take on the new Cinch 5 Day Fast Forward diet plan.

**disclaimer**
The first thing I have to mention is that I didn't actually read the book {it is at the top of my shopping list though}, but I do recommend the book to anyone who is going to try this diet/cleanse. I watched the Rachael Ray segment with Cynthia Sass the creator of the Cinch plan, and then I did a little research online. I tried to buy the book, but my Target didn't have it in stock. Jason & I were ready to start last Monday morning, so instead of waiting for the book to be mail or searching all over town to find it, we just worked with what we knew and took it from there.

The Basics
This is a type of cleanse that allows you to eat 5 foods for 5 days, and the program promises that you will lose 8 pounds.

From Cynthia Sass's website:
"I selected these foods because each is filling, rich in detoxifying and health-protecting nutrients, and has been scientifically shown to specifically support weight loss. You’ll eat these five superfoods in specific combinations daily for five days to give your body, mind, and taste buds a fresh start and achieve the results you need to feel motivated and confident - up to an eight pound loss in five days."

The Food
The 5 foods that you can have on this program are spinach, eggs, almonds, raspberries, and plain yogurt. Jason and I bought all these things for the week, but we did end up modifying the plan to work for us. From what I researched you are allowed:
breakfast: one egg scrambled with one cup of spinach
berries and almonds
lunch: yogurt parfait with berries and almonds
dinner: large spinach salad with berries and almonds
boiled egg
snack: yogurt smoothie with berries


Again I have to say that because I didn't read the book, this is just what I have gathered from researching online. Jason and I ended up substituting blueberries for the raspberries because we aren't fans of raspberries and we also ended up mixing half flavored yogurt with the plain yogurt because the plain was a little to bitter for us.

The Results
At the end of the 5 days, Jason was down 8 pounds and I was down 9 pounds! A huge success if you ask me! During the week, I found that I wasn't nearly as hungry as I thought I would be. I actually ended up not eating all the spinach that was allowed per day {because I wasn't a big fan and because I really wasn't that hungry}. I highly recommend this plan to anyone who wants to see quick results but also to anyone who is trying to not just lose weight, but to eat healthier too! I plan on getting the book soon so that we can start the rest of the 25 days of the Cinch diet plan!
****
If you have any other questions about the diet or just want to know more before you purchase the book, there is a great Q&A section on Cynthia Sass' website HERE!
****
Pin It!

15 comments:

Kmama said...

Wow. Those are some results. I'm amazed that you weren't hungry though. I eat out of boredom, emotions, etc., so I feel like I'm always hungry.

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

WOWZA!! That is AWESOME! I am trying to lose weight and finding that it's hard to stick with it due to s-l-o-w results. GREAT JOB!

~Shari said...

Thanks for this post. I am seriously thinking about trying it.

Angie said...

I'm so excited to read that you liked it, and that it worked! Yay for you guys :) I think after reading this I too may have to buy the book!!

Joanna said...

That's awesome!!! That would be perfect for a kick start to a persons weight loss as well. I know that when I get on my weight loss kicks, I want to see results and seeing them the first week is always the huge push to keep going.

Foursons said...

I'm intrigued for sure. Except I can't eat raw nuts. Dang it.

Amanda@runninghood said...

This is great! I am so happy for you! This food looks yummy too! I might have to share on my blog since I wrote about food today! Congrats on your success so far!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Glad you had success!!! I don't know if it would work for me...I'd go right back to junk after finishing. ;)

Myya said...

What? How have I not heard of this? I'm intrigued.

More Than Words said...

Oh wow!! Now, is it possible to lose 8lb every week? LOL

Tracy @photographybytracycook.com said...

congrats to both of you ! my husband and I are starting it on thursday thanks to your endorcement. I have been trying to start the master cleanse a few times the last two weeks, but I can't do just liquid, this one seems more managable. Wish us luck !! :) thanks for sharing.

http://eatplaylovephotograph.blogspot.com/

carissa said...

wow!!!! what an accomplishment! this is a big deal! go YOU! so proud of you. 9 lbs in one week. i really am soooo impressed!

Audra Gray said...

Thanks for this review I saw the segment on Rachael Ray to and I wanted to know if it really worked!! I'm off to the store to get my food!!

;)

*erin* said...

Starting today! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Coming over from Angie @ Just Shy of Y

Wow - what great results! I would have a lot of trouble sticking to the diet though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...